Tuesday, December 7, 2010

O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree!

I thought I'd share with you some of my favorite ornaments that adorn our Christmas tree. While none can be classified as family heirlooms, they are definitely special to us.

About four years ago, I became inexplicably obsessed with vintage mercury glass clip-on bird ornaments. I searched Ebay high-and-low for these beauties, and walked away with about a dozen (for a very low price, I might add).

This delightful little yellow bird is my favorite.

For a similar avian friend, try...
Mercury Bird Ornaments, currently $55

(via ShopGoodwill)

Adam and I have a pet that I've never talked about here on Meet Me in Philadelphia, a 23-year old turtle named Scooter. In honor of Adam's longstanding love for his pet, I gave him this Jonathan Adler turtle ornament a few years ago.

For your own holiday animal, try...
Jonathan Adler's Owl Ornament, $28
(via Nordstrom)

or these Silk Turtle Ornaments, $6

(via Global Goods Partners)

Mom gave me this toadstool ornament last year. I love this quirky touch to my Christmas tree.


For a similar look, try...
(via Jayson Home and Garden)

What are some of your favorite ornaments?

4 comments:

  1. Love the mushroom! I have zero ornaments. Thinking about spray painting some pinecones... but I'm not positive how I would attach them to the tree.
    Yours is looking nice and festive :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, pinecones are easy to attach. Just take some floral wire and wrap it around the center of the pine cone. As long as the wire is green, you won't notice it against the tree!

    Warning: your hands will likely get pretty scratched up between the pinecone and wire. Consider yourself warned!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey lady! Such great ideas. Your digs look so very festive. I just found your blog today and I'm going to come on back. I love finding fun, new blogs. Do stop by and say hello!

    http://theinfinitemadness.blogspot.com/

    Macarons,

    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another Ashley, I love it! Thanks for stopping by! I will definitely check out your blog and support a fellow Ashley!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
UA-43993612-1