Monday, December 27, 2010

Those Old Familiar Ornaments

Before we move on from Christmas, I wanted to share with you some of my favorite sentimental ornaments from my childhood. Adam and I arrived to my parents' home in Connecticut late Christmas morning from Philadelphia, and I was very pleased to be greeted by familiar ornaments that bring me back to my younger years, many of which I'll share with you today.

My all-time favorite?
It's the wooden manger and tiny wooden lamb pictured below. The lamb has faired well over the years. I received it in kindergarten, as part of an advent calendar my teacher, Mrs. Carey, had in her classroom. Only about 1" big, the little lamb has survived more than twenty Christmases!

An ornament featuring preschool me. Most of the pinecones that were part of the ornament are gone, but the awkward smile remains...

From 1987: My penmanship has come a long way...

Tongue depressor snowman, circa 1995:

Not sure where this ceramic girl and hobby horse ornament came from, but I always liked her seasonal outfit:

When I was about 10, I became really interested in cross-stitching. I made this teddy bear ornament for my mom:

I always loved this little girl with her yarn hair, riding in a wooden car:

A reindeer in great shape, from about 1994:

What are some of your favorite sentimental ornaments?

Hope everyone had a glorious Christmas and, if you're in the Northeast, survived the much-hyped blizzard!

1 comment:

  1. I have that same tongue depressor snowman! Must have been a fifth grade project.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
UA-43993612-1