Monday, February 14, 2011

Pretties for Valentine's Day

 Happy Valentine's Day, blog friends! I hope that today you are surrounded by beautiful flowers, sweet treats and lovely sentiments.

I picked up a bouquet of precious pink ranunculus from Trader Joe's this weekend, and couldn't help but share them. The vase is a Votivo candleholder that was too special to discard once the candle was finished.

Speaking of lovelies, I met up with the uber-awesome Naomi of Design Manifest to hunt down some mid-century pieces at a warehouse in the Fishtown area of Philly. Naomi is a doll and has a real talent for design, folks. If you're not already reading her blog, get on it...like now.

Want to see what I walked away with?

A vintage Hickory chair (reupholstery and new legs needed) and a Joan Miro lithograph! 

Big things in store for the chair, my dears...

Happy Valentine's Day, friends!
Love,
Ashley

P.S. Photographer and wedding cake are decided...we are thrilled!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had an awesome weekend and found some great treasures!! You have such a good eye!! Happy V Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trader Joe's bouquets are the best - so reasonable and cheery!

    Hope you have a happy Valentine's Day dinner at Amata!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay for vintage finds!! I'm so excited about my own new art pieces. And thanks so much for the shout out :)

    Glad the wedding stuff went well!

    Enjoy tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been wanting to check out that place for a year now. Glad it was worth the trip! Great finds!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
UA-43993612-1