Friday, March 30, 2012

TGIF, 3/30/12 Edition

Welcome to the weekend, friends!
Aside from feeling giddy over the Philadelphia Inquirer feature, I've been feeling color inspiration all week.
I'll show you what I mean.

My husband Adam and I had a bit of a date night yesterday and, while walking to dinner, I realized that I had gotten some color inspiration from the blooming apple blossoms.
Aren't we both dressed in our best whites, pinks, and greens?

I've also been working on my den, which has been feeling a bit sparse to me for awhile.
I've already ordered a round decorator table, a la Heather of My Many Moments, to hold a demijohn lamp.
I've found a new fabric combination for the room, which includes "Winter Floral" from Parlor Textiles
Color inspiration comes from this vintage oil painting of an ocean cliff that balances light and dark so well.

Earlier this week, I shared a photo of my once-pitiful umbrella stand that cried out for color intervention. 
I chose to give it a bath in "Blue Note" from Montana Gold and the stand looked so good in its new coloring that my hands decided to get in on the action.
Perhaps color inspiration for my skin came from the Smurfs or a state of hypothermia, you decide.

All in all, I had a very color-filled week, and I wish you the same this weekend.
'Til Monday, blog friends!

3 comments:

  1. How fun to walk to dinner! Congrats on the feature & happy weekend!

    -René

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love where you are going with the whole vignette. The colors from the oil painting are beautiful. Love pattern on pattern. Can't wait to see it come together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ashley, love the way your umbrella stand turned out! Such a great color. I'm also digging those fabrics you picked out. Congratulations on your feature -- how cool!!!
    Camille

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
UA-43993612-1