Friday, August 24, 2012

It's a Beautiful Morning

What a difference a week makes, am I right?

I borrowed the title of this post from the '60's song by the Rascals because it seemed fitting.
Adam and I are in my home state, Connecticut, preparing to celebrate the wedding of two very wonderful people, Eric and Beth. Eric is Adam's best friend and, tomorrow, Adam will be serving as Eric's best man.

We drove from Philadelphia to my parents' house in northern Connecticut and, upon waking up, I thought it would be nice to snap some pictures of the surroundings which are so very different from my usual urban environment. I hope you enjoy.

(all images via Meet Me in Philadelphia)

There's nothing like a change of scenery or a happy occasion to lift my mood...though, I would be terribly remiss if I didn't thank you all for your overwhelmingly kind comments to my job news last Friday. I'm not a person who regularly divulges my feelings to others, so exposing such a vulnerability on the world wide web was very unnerving. I have spent the last week licking my wounds, and your care and support has made those wounds less apparent. I am beyond appreciative.

Have a wonderful weekend, my dear readers. On Monday, my husband and I are off to begin our Scandinavian world tour (of sorts) and I'll have a host of wonderful bloggers here in my absence. Be sure to check back next week for all the details!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
UA-43993612-1