Wednesday, September 5, 2012

A Late Summer Wedding

Greetings from Denmark, friends! (this is Ashley, in case you've forgotten me already)
My husband and I have a few more days in Copenhagen but are enjoying it tremendously.
I hope you have enjoyed the visiting roster of guest bloggers and their unique perspectives.

Many posted about the transition from summer to autumn, which happens to be my favorite season. But, before I can fully immerse myself in fall, I wanted to share a joyous summer wedding that took place two weeks ago.  
In a quiet corner of Connecticut, our friends Eric and Beth married on a peaceful farm overlooking the hills. The Tyrone Farm was the setting and it provided the scenic backdrop for such a lovely event. In a few short weeks, the greenery in these shots will turn their autumnal hues; but on August 25, the natural setting welcomed a new couple into matrimony. 

Eric and Beth are everything you hope for in friends: interesting, loving and deeply intelligent. 
My husband and Eric have been friends for a very long time, and each has now served as best man for the other's wedding. That is a special thing for two friends to share.
The flowers were all in full bloom for the affair.
All smiles.
Didn't my husband look dapper in his suit?

My fellow Hannans: my sister-in-law Allison, myself, Adam, and my second sister-in-law Jenna.
(all images via Meet Me in Philadelphia)

It is an event like this (and friends like these) that make me appreciate the beauty of summer.
I hope you enjoyed a peak into this truly happy occasion that made this summer all the better.

1 comment:

  1. What a gorgeous spot! I have worn that bridesmaid dress before :) And I like those plain yellow ties. Oh, to plan a wedding again...

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
UA-43993612-1