Thursday, November 1, 2012

Distracted

*Update*: My father's procedure on Thursday went well and he is resting at home, getting his energy back. Thank you all for your incredibly kind comments! I am so grateful.
(Dad in his Army days; if you've ever seen me, you'll recognize that we look a lot alike)
Hi friends. I don't have a "real" post for you all today because, honestly, I've been very distracted lately. My father has been experiencing a lot physical problems related to his diabetes for the better part of a month. For a man who has worked steadily every weekday and many, many weekends, he has been relegated to bed in the hospital and at home. Today my father is going back into the hospital for another procedure, and his health is occupying my thoughts today.

I reference my parents often on the blog because much--if not the majority--of who and what I am can be attributed to who they are, so I hope you can understand why I'm having a hard time focusing on projects and the like. 

Any positive thoughts, prayers and well-wishes you can spare lately would be so appreciated.
Give me some time and I'll be with you once my head is back in the right place.

12 comments:

  1. Ashley, sorry to hear of your Dad's health problems. I will keep you all in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear this. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear this sweetie. My dad had a ton of health problems last year and I know how draining and distracting it can be. Sending lots of prayers for health and recovery. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, ladies, thank you so much for your thoughts, prayers and very sweet comments. I know they have given me a lot of comfort!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Ashley, my heart goes out to you and your dad! I wish I could do something to help, sending you good vibes and hugs. I hope that you all come through this time unscathed. As a total daddy's girl myself, I really get how special that relationship is. He looks like a fun chap in that photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. positive thoughts for you and your dad xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I'm so sad to hear your dad hasn't been feeling well. It is terrible to have a parent in the hospital. Sending all my best wishes to you, your mom, and your sweet dad. XO

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry to hear this! Sending as many good thoughts and prayers to your Dad as I can! I hope things turn around for the better very, very soon! xoxox

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
UA-43993612-1