Thursday, November 8, 2012

Vintage Floral Painting...Now, New and Improved!

This week has gotten away from me but before it does, I wanted to share a picture of the newly spiffed-up vintage floral painting that I bought while I was in New Jersey a few weeks ago. The frame was pretty nicked, so I applied a generous coat of liquid gold leaf as an accent. The original matting was haggard and yellowed and the pretty acrylic painting deserved something better, so I sprung for a new white mat.

Old art like this, unearthed from an antique shop, makes me a little wistful. It makes me daydream about the person who painted it or the person who admired it long before it was my turn to do so. I bet he or she loved it as much as I will.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, it is so much better Ashley!! Very clean and fresh! PS: I like your potted fern too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks amazing Ashley! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks amazing Ashley! You are so talented!
    I love pictures!! I love your blog!!
    Angelica

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
UA-43993612-1