Friday, November 1, 2013

This November: A Month of Thankfulness

Today is the first day of November. Many of us are experiencing a subtle sugar hangover from Halloween or are starting to gather Thanksgiving side dish ideas; but here on Meet Me in Philadelphia, November means something a little different.

All month long, my posts will reflect the theme of thankfulness and gratitude for the many blessings I experience every day. Let me tell you all about it after the jump.

I should start by explaining where this month-long theme came from. The explanation is really two-fold. First, I have been thinking a lot about the challenges I've experienced looking for full time employment over the last two years. It has been a significant struggle that has taken an emotional toll on me; yet when I feel mired in self-doubt I can't ignore the substantial blessings I'm fortunate enough to have--the unwavering love of my husband, our supportive families, our beautiful home. Focusing on the blessings makes the obstacles seem smaller and less oppressive.

This brings me to the second reason for this month-long series. I find I'm always fast-forwarding the month of November to get to the Christmas season (perhaps you can relate). Instead, I'll spend this November purposefully, consciously, gratefully. 

What this means for the blog: every post will be "business as usual" with one small exception. Each post will end with a statement of gratitude related to each post. And I'm so excited to announce that an amazing group of blog friends will be guest posting throughout the month with their own perspectives on the topic of thankfulness in their own lives. I can't wait.

Don't worry: I'll still be crafting, still be musing on décor, still be sharing projects. I couldn't go a whole month without making something and sharing it here!

I hope you, my kind readers, enjoy this month-long exercise in thankfulness. I regularly struggle with the aspects of my life that don't always go right but this series is meant to highlight the aspects that do. I'll be counting my many blessings, naming them one by one. 

So, today, I'm thankful for...
Supportive blog readers, like you, who read this blog day after day and are never short with compliments, kind words and encouragement. 

P.S. As promised, I'm happy to announce the winner of the Sofa.com US-sponsored pillow giveaway. Congratulations to Sara of A Dose of Pretty (selected using random.org)!. I'll email you!


Thank you all for entering! I wish I had pillows to give each of you!

P.S. I'm over at Little Black Door today confessing a deep, dark secret in her series "Fess Up Friday"! Don't miss it.

4 comments:

  1. Wise words Ashley. There is so much to be thankful for. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so good to look around and be grateful! You are a talented woman with so much to offer, I am sure all will work out in your favor especially with you wonderful attitude towards life!!
    Im grateful to follow a blogger like you!
    Karolyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn it! I was one away from winning?! Story of my life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice idea for the month Ashley - I also tend to fast-forward especially now because I like to try to get all of my shopping done early so that I can sit back (not really sit back) but enjoy the holiday season with my family. Slowing down in November is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
UA-43993612-1